Disability Rights Workshop Facilitated by Disability Rights New York - Virtual Event
April 5, 2021 –
Call 889-4683 or email email@example.com to receive an email with the program link.
Disability Rights New York (DRNY) is the federally and state-authorized Protection and Advocacy System and Client Assistance Program (P&A/CAP) for people with disabilities in New York State. DRNY provides free legal and advocacy services to individuals with disabilities. Working tirelessly to protect and advance the rights of children and adults with disabilities, DRNY is committed to enabling those we serve to exercise their own life choices and fully participate in community life.
Join this workshop to learn more about:
– The Client Assistance Program (CAP) and how DRNY can assist those with disabilities
– Adult Continuing Career & Educational Services Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR)
– New York State Commission for the Blind (NYSCB) and how their services compare and contrast to those of ACCES-VR.
– How to apply for ACCES-VR services
– How CAP can assist clients who may not currently be satisfied with ACCES-VR services.
There will also be time set aside at the end of the session for general questions to be asked. All registrants will receive a link to the presentation’s recording after this live session.
Monday, April 5
We offer story times and other activities for children, teens, and adults, including a book discussion group. Check our program calendar or call the library at 845-889-4683.